Information We Collect
When you register on Athena Forum, and at other times, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, professional credentials (e.g. RN), employer, address, e-mail address, credit-card number and select facts you might tell us about your job and career.
We may use information in the following ways:
- To enable us to process, validate and verify your subscription,
- To send you e-mail notifications about our new educational services, or to otherwise contact you,
- To enhance existing Forum features or develop new features and services,
- To provide your employer, if you subscribe with employer sponsorship, with "visiting" information about you and other employees as requested by your employer, including test scores, date of your participation, etc.
- To allow us to transmit your CE test results, if requested by you, to our accrediting partner and to your employer (if you subscribe with employer sponsorship), and
- To provide advertisers with aggregate information about our number of visitors and visitor usage patterns. No personally identifiable information will be sent to advertisers.
We may conduct occasional online surveys. For example, when you're within our Website, you may see a pop-up window offering you the optional opportunity of participating in a survey. These surveys are entirely voluntary and you may easily decline to participate.
Links to Other Websites
Our "Voices" section provides you with an opportunity to tell us what you think and read what other subscribers have to say. This is similar to a Letters to the Editor section of a newspaper. When you use our Voices feature (for example, by posting a message on our board), we may post your comments along with your name, location and e-mail address.
Your Ability to Choose
When you enroll in the Forum you can let us know that you do not wish to receive information about new features and special offers. You can opt out of this service via the Web at the time you give us your personally identifiable information or by contacting us by telephone at 301-279-2160.
Security of Information
We protect the Forum educational materials and your passwords on computer servers. We maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Review and Correction
You may review and update your personally identifiable information/registration information that you have provided to us by going to your "CE Reports " page on our Website or by contacting us by telephone at: 301-279-2160
Forum Is in the U.S.A.If you are visiting Forum from outside the United States, please note that the information you provide us will be transferred to the United States. By subscribing to Forum, you consent to this transfer.
Thank you for the opportunity to support your professional needs. We look forward to hearing from you to improve our service to you.
Thomas A. Rasmussen