Tips from our featured course
Depression: CMs Promote, Deliver, Monitor, Ensure Care
Sustained cost control will occur only with meticulously coordinated care that prevents avoidable complications and hospital readmissions for patients with chronic illness.
The practice of case management is paramount in coordinating care efforts to:
- Promote adherence to treatment
- Deliver appropriate self-care education
- Continuous monitoring
- Ensure follow up care
This is an era where quality and cost effectiveness are inextricably linked.
[Depression, Module F, CM Role]
COPD: Professional Follow-up Reduces Utilization
Self-management support, including defining who will provide dedicated professional follow-up via telephone, has been shown to reduce healthcare utilization requirements.
It is also proving useful (as an electronic care visit) for:
- Early detection and management of exacerbations
- Reduction of unscheduled office and ER visits
- Prevention of re-hospitalization
[COPD, Module F, CM Role]