What's NEW at Athena Forum
Money, Money, Money: Health Plans Exit "Obamacare"
Just look at today's headlines:
- "Large insurers exiting Obamacare exchanges over lack of profit --"
- "Aetna to pull out of Obamacare exchanges"
- "Experimental Obamacare health plan exits Chicago and Atlanta exchanges"
Confusing? Frightening? Yes!
But listen. Despite the headlines, healthcare in America, including Obamacare is helping Americans, especially those with pre-existing conditions. And, despite the headlines, the Revenue Cycle in healthcare is healthy, thanks to Obamacare and Case Managers like you!
[Revenue Cycle 2016]
Tips from our featured course
Money, Money, Money: Case Management Tangibles, Intangibles
According to the music-
- The Beatles say, "Money Can't Buy Me Love"
- Pink Floyd says, "Money...it's a gas."
- Sam Smith sings, "Money on My Mind"
Money is literally on everyone's mind. Right? It's an important tangible. But your Professional Identity encompasses the intangibles:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Critical Thinking
- Skillful Negotiation
Professional qualities translate to patient satisfaction and money for your organization.
[Professional Identity, Welcome Page]
Money, Money, Money: Hospice Costs Less
The number of patients and families served by hospice has steadily increased over the past several years.
A 2013 study found that hospice enrollment saves money for Medicare and improves care quality for Medicare beneficiaries. Key findings showed:
- Medicare costs for hospice patients were lower than non-hospice Medicare beneficiaries with similar diagnoses and patient profiles
- Hospice enrollment is associated with fewer 30-day hospital readmissions and in-hospital deaths
- Hospice enrollment is associated with significantly fewer hospital and ICU days
Good to know.
[Palliative and End of Life Care, Module B, Economics, Regulations, Reimbursements]
Notice from the Publisher
I want to thank our 20,000 healthcare professionals for requesting new topics on Athena Forum.
Thomas A. Rasmussen
CEO & Publisher
Athena Forum Institute
Online CE for RN, CCM & LSW
7,000 pages of clinical excellence.
Clinical Care Series®
» Asthma 2.0
» Diabetes Mellitus
» Ebola Care
» Heart Failure
» Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
» Obesity Management
» Pain Management
» Sepsis Care
» Wound Care & Payments
Care Management Series®
» CM Express®
» Discharge Planning
» Ethics in CM
» Palliative & EOL Care
» Patient Advocacy & Care Standards
» Population Health Management
» Professional Identity
» Revenue Cycle Management
» Utilization Management
Behavioral Health Series®
» Harm Risk Behaviors