Trending Now @ Athena Forum
Update on Changes to Athena Forum Website
Here's an update on the progress to date on improving the clarity and usability of our website.
Please check out the following changes and let us know what you think:
- Created a "Pricing" page and added "Pricing" link to the menu bar
- Added logo "Continuing Education Credits for Registered Nurses and Social Workers"
- Changed the "Learning Forum" link to "Login"
- Updated language under all sections to spell out acronyms
Also in development are:
- Landing pages for common search terms
- A "NEWS" link for Athena Forum press releases and press coverage
- Creation of an "Athena Forum Blog"
- Develop a link to access the new 2017 Course Catalog
FDA Updates to Athena Forum Courses
Our latest FDA update to Athena Forum is the addition of a newly approved drug, Stelara, to the Inflammatory Bowel Disease course as follows:
Important Drug Update
This course has been updated to include FDA approved ustekinumab (Stelara, Janssen Biotech, Inc.) for the treatment of moderately to severely active Crohn's disease in patients aged 18 years or older.
New Asthma Course will be available February 27, 2017. Check it out.
Patients need asthma education at the time of diagnosis and integrated into all and every point of contact throughout follow up.
Education can be provided:
- During one-on-one and in group educational sessions
- During ED visits and hospitalizations
- By pharmacists and school nurses
- During home visits by CMs, asthma educators and social workers
Thus, patient education and engagement is a cornerstone of effective asthma management. It helps patients gain the motivation, skills and confidence they need to manage their condition.
[Asthma 2017 sneak peek, Module C Transdisciplinary Team]